Friday, March 29, 2019

Here Comes the Weekend

And my debut on the stage which I haven't seen yet.  Tonight the cast gathers at 6 p.m. for a run-through of the show.  But - efficiently, in turn, we read the first and last paragraphs of our various pieces - apparently for an idea of the running time and for the saxophone player to get a sense of what his music needs to match, based on story content.  If you are planning on a costume or "outfit" of some sort, feel free to wear it tonight.  I'm not.

What I am going to wear is what I wore on the various tracks - jeans, a white t-shirt and running shoes.  You don't dress up for a race.  Road dust, flying engine parts or rocks thrown up from the track onto you; Goodyear freckles  which are tiny dots of oil on the start line at NHRA drag races.  And most likely it is hot enough that you and your hair are wet with sweat at the race's end.  Showers were never as welcome back home than after a than a day at the track at a  the race, whatever kind of race it was.

Oddly I'm looking forward to this whole shebang.  I've never liked the spotlight; as a PR consultant, I put my clients on the magazine covers, not me.

As this appearance continues, I'll continue to take you backstage to see what goes on there.  For example, there will be a green room with snacks and water.  So - Green Rooms really do exist!  Stay tuned.

No comments: