Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Thinking...

As my bedtime approached last night, I realized that I had to allow more time for the nightly rituals.  First, a full two minutes of mechanical brushing, followed by a stint with the "mouse brush" - that tiny little brush you use between each tooth - and then to scrape my tongue thoroughly (without arousing the dread vomit urge) and finally, a shot of whitening mouth wash.

And I came to the conclusion that older people are not physically slower than their juniors, it's just that we have so much more to do than they do!


***

That there is an unexpected side benefit with Richie's new hearing aids.  I can talk to him!  Previously any asides regarding what was on the television screen or sneering at some idiot's Letter to the Editor passed unnoticed.  He's learning to cook fish and we discussed that over dinner -- all of the above taking place in normal tones.  I didn't have to make sure I was looking (and speaking) fully in his face.

He's having to get used to hearing more than he has for years and I'm having to get used to being heard!  Wonderful investment! 

No comments: