Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Born NEAR a waiting room; and apparently going to die IN one

Briefly.  The night of 7/12 - in the middle of the night - I got out of bed to pee, cut it a little fine around the corner of the bed and damned near ripped my little toe right off of the foot.  Muffling my screams, I accomplished what I'd set out and went back to bed.

The next day I was babying the foot on the stairs, slipped and barked my shin, removing a top layer of skin about the size of a silver dollar.  Naturally, that became infected.

And since then,

July 14th - Dr. Wynn, Urgent Care - two broken bones in foot
7/16  Dr. Maher, eye surgeon, to discuss up-coming cataract surgery
7/17  Dr. Kuo, podiatrist
7/22  Dr. Wynn
7/23  Dr. Gee
7/24  Dr. Wong for pre-up okay for cataract
7/28  Dr. Wong - recall on the blood test.  He refused to give Maher surgery permission, citing a low sodium count.
7/30  Aoki, physical therapist, wound care

Coming up -
8/4  Aoki
8/18  Dr. Kuo for x-rays to check bone progress.

I am grateful to God for the very good medical care that I get as well as the chance to comparison shop waiting rooms.   

No comments: