Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Very Slow News Day ...

When Richie retired 11 years ago, he got into liking to cook breakfast on Sunday mornings.  My sister gave him a two-burner griddle one Christmas and he's been going strong ever since. 

This morning he decided on French toast, bacon and cut up strawberries.  Incidentally, cut up strawberries are a staple around here.  Much like milk and eggs. 

I thought to myself, "If the morning repast is going to be a piece of fried eggy bread, I want all of the "butter" and maple syrup I can load onto it." 

When my plate landed in front of me, it suddenly dawned on me that if I used my fork tines to make tiny holes all over it, the butter would sink in and so would lashings of syrup.

And I was right!  I recommend this small step...

(signed) Getting Fat in Southern California. 

No comments: