Thursday, May 7, 2015

Nevermind Wings Beneath Wings; I Want Wheels Underneath Me Arse

And yesterday I got them.  If I'd only thought of this Tuesday morning, I could have gone with Richie to Las Brisas' Cinco de Mayo festivities. 

It's a lightweight "transfer" wheelchair, used solely for things like car to restaurant doors... doctor's office -- the kinds of things that would be easier on the old bod than walking. 

Most importantly to me, it means I can attend Thurs. Writers which I did today.  Since it's not designed for lolling, we stuck the donut pillow on the seat and I passed a comfortable two hours.

It has legs which end in foot flaps and half of the back of the chair folds down for easier placement in the truck or cargo area of a car.

It's easy enough to bring the walker along; the patient holds it while being trundled along to where she has to walk (through a restaurant, for example.)

Do you notice a trend here?

No comments: