Monday, February 23, 2015

After the Oscars

Nothing to see there; move along.  We already saw Lady Gaga out on the red carpet in a fluttery-looking oddly cut white dress.  Her accessories were a pair of red rubber kitchen gloves and from the glimpse I got of the back of her head, a faux lobster stuck in her hair.

Still, that's a chic-er look than Neal Patrick Harris standing on stage in his underpants, sox and shoes. I' m sure his husband and their two kids think he's a scream, but I'm still wondering why a grown man felt it necessary to do that.  Now if his tighty whities  had been something with a little dash! to them - like a scarlet thong style ... that would have been funny.

To see just how foolish women can get just for attention, I direct your attention to the headline and photos top of the page at dailymail.co.uk.  I can only hope they all were wearing at least (and that's the very least) a Tampax.

The other thing that gets my scrutiny is Hair.  One of the TV announcers had a better coif than most of the guests.  And when did Brylcreme make a come back, pray?  Several of the stars (sarc) were wearing enough oil on their hair to lube my Truck.  And that was the men! 

I only knew of 14 of the people who died last year.  This morning great outrage because Joan Rivers' passing was ignored. 

Hollywood - what can you expect?  Not much of anything anymore.  I can remember when this tedious ceremony was fun.  That's when we had performers with some wit.  David Niven on streakers; one-arm push-ups ...

This was the 87th presentation and at 87, perhaps it's time to turn off the support systems. 

No comments: