Friday, January 31, 2014

Revenge Is Even Sweeter When You Profit From It

I have complained about this previously, but the problem hasn't gone away.  I am referring to the lamentable habit some gym clients have of sitting on a piece of equipment - not using it at all - and staring vacantly into space or talking on their phone.

I suggested to Management that benches could be installed along the walls and that said clients could sit there if sitting is what they want to do.  Management clucked in sympathy and did nothing whatsoever. 

It's just not in me to be consistently rude - "Finished yet?"   I'm good for a temper-fueled blast every now and then, but it unnerves me too have to unnerve (or intimidate) others.          Usually, anyhow. 

So I turned my mind to something that would work, but not come back to bite me and that would definitely get these comatose people off of their arses.

As I seated myself the other morning (upper body exercise) it came to me.  Viola!

I'd like to install a pressure switch that turns on when weight is applied to it and starts a timer.  If the person is just sitting there, with no further pressure on the timer indicating movement, after five minutes, my device will shoot a bolt of electricity - think "taser" here - into the sitter's butt. 

I'm thinking $5 per unit, minimum order 100.  Every gym in North America will want them.  Stay out of the street when I'm barreling along in my Ferrari to the bank's deposit window. 

P.S.  If you are an electrical engineer with a particular thirst for vengeance, please contact me at Up & At'em, Inc. 
 

No comments: