Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Discoveries

Awww...

Richie's cousin Ruth Ellen e'd us that their family restaurant, Maria's, got a great review in the newspaper.  The article strongly underlines the aspects of running a family business.  Google "Off the Eaten Path:  the heart of Maria's lives on"

I Miss the French Franc
Richie has been excavating in the garage (again) and this time he turned up with the menu from the Bar Spirit of Saint-Louise at Charles de Gaulle airport outside of Paris.  I Googled for it, but, helas!  Gone.   And not surprisingly, so is the franc.  Ten of them equaled a dollar so I was able to easily know just how much I was spending. 

Aperitif - Americano 20F  $2

Non-alcoholic - Cola  8.20F  82 cents

Beers - Heineken  15,20F  $1.50

But some things will always be pricy:  a bottle of champagne - 129,30F  $13
A split of champagne  66,90F  $6.40

Add to my "Look for Books By" list -- Tana French.   I thought she might be related to Nicci French who is actually a married couple - Nicci Gerrard and Sean French, but not so.  I'm caught up in "Broken Harbor" starring the Dublin-based detective Mike "Scorcher" Kennedy.  To be continued...

No comments: