Thursday, January 30, 2014

Passive-Aggressive or Not? You Be the Judge!

I have mentioned that every Sunday morning, Richie likes to torment me with the genuinely awful puns in the LA Times Kids page.  I've always thought I was strong enough to take it; it's only one day of the week anyhow so I tune out on him and go back to the crossword. 

But now I am fearful.  At the library book store, he bought a whole book of these atrocities!  If you want a comparison, Sundays were like sweat bee stings; inconsequential.  But a whole book?  It's like he bought a dozen drones!  I'm a goner!

Herewith a random sampling of puns that will make you groan:

How do whales cry?  They blubber!

What do you get when you cross a suitcase with the Bible?  Samsonite  and Delilah

How do you get a cat to do tricks?  Put a dog in a cat suit.

What musical note do you hear when a car runs over a bee?   Bee-flat.

What do people in India write on their postcards?  Vishnu were here.

What do you call cheese that's not yours?  Nachos!

How To Be the Funniest Kid in the Whole Wide World" by Jay Leno  Simon and Schuster   140 pages   $12.95

No comments: