Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Silliness (Blog #700)

W is the magazine side of the newspaper Women's Wear Daily and covers fashion matters. The new one arrived yesterday ...

The Fat Whisperer is a "body therapist" in Pasadena, CA (Not my idea of a fashion capitol. Ed.)
She does spot reduction (butt and thighs) via a combination of wraps, glops, a vacuum machine and this: She whispers to the offensive cells, "I command you to get out. I listen to what emotion is in the cell membrane, then I talk to it. I tell the cell which way to move out of the body." (Barking mad. Ed.)

Here's a treat for the Greenies! Shoes made from recyclable plastic that cost $119 a pair. They are flats that are "chic enough to wear to dinner."

"All the romance and grandeur of a European castle, yet only 15 minutes from the DFW International Airport!" reads the headline above the full-page ad. Here's what you get for $8,950,000: 3.3 landscaped acres with a 19,000 sq. ft. house which has 8 bedrooms, 8 full baths, 3 powder rooms, 9 living areas, 4 full kitchens, 3 mini-kitchens, a cake decorating room, loggia and veranda, exercise room, pool and pool house, tennis court and tennis house with full kitchen and lavish guest suite, 7 garages, an elevator, nanny quarters, outdoor entertaining area with fireplace and bar.

There is an article on Sky Mall, the magazine of airline travel. I think we all need ... the Healthiest Deep Fryer - makes up to 2 lbs. of fried food using only one tablespoon of oil! $299.95 A sort of alien-looking mask that is worn 10 minutes per day to "achieve a 72% reduction in sagging." $149. The photo of a newborn looked so convincing that I literally jumped when I read it was actually the Cherish Baby Doll. (No price given) Why on earth would anyone want one? Only someone that was truly deranged was my conclusion. But then that could be said about me every time I renew my subscription to W ...

No comments: