Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Letter To The Editor

One of the best ways to reach a number of people is to write a letter to the editor of your local paper and get it printed.

Ay, there's the rub -- get it printed. From experience, I tell you: keep it brief. Stick to your point and use the fewest possible words to convey it. Often the Letters column has just a little bitof space leftover and that's where your letter should be designed to go.

The Trump $12 million home not being news (at all) but an ad masquerading as news irritated me so much that I did indeed write to the Daily Breeze and my letter ran in today's paper. I boiled down the column to some 90 words.

I could have made it even shorter had I written:
Dear Sirs: So -- who's banging Trump's real estate lady?"
but I doubt they would have printed it.

Use discretion, sign with your name, address and phone number and know the thrill of seeing your name and, more importantly, your point of view in the paper -- without having to buy an ad!

No comments: