Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away. Sometimes, But Not Always

9/11  Never Forget.  9/11 Never Forgive.

I was in a great mood when I woke up this morning until the newspapers reminded me what this day is.  We were on Long Island when it happened, having breakfast at the hotel in Montauk we'd repaired to after Richie's brother and wife's youngest son's marriage on Sunday.

I was finished first and wandered over to see what so many guests were looking at on the giant TV screen.  It was footage of a small plane crashing into a skyscraper.  I shrugged and went back to our table.  "Just another small plane pilot that didn't know what he was doing, running into a skyscraper; they never learn," I reported and slipped back into my seat.

It rapidly got a great deal worse than that as we all know.

Now 17 years later, memorials continue to be made, the latest being the bell tower in Pennsylvania which is tremendously effective.  I'd never go to the 9/11 Museum in New York but the bell tower is worthy of positive mention.  The dead were individuals and they deserve their mention as such.

God bless the first responders who continue to die even now.  Never forgive; never forget.

No comments: