Wednesday, July 4, 2018

You've Loved His Music! Gone to His Concerts! Now You Can Buy Willie Weed!

Willie Nelson Reserve is a cannabis outlet with Willie's imprimatur.  The Reserve product line includes -

Hard Edibles - Strawberry Lemonade
Honeysuckle Hot ( a reference to the Honeysuckle Rose, his tour bus.)
Northwest Berry
Fresh Maple Blossom
Sour Tangie (tangerine?)
Peppermint

Dosage is 10 mg THC per serving.    Singer Margo Price swears by the strawberry-flavored indica gummie for back pain and insomnia.

An article in High Times referred to the horrendous prices to join Willie in a puff or two.
1 gram - $15   $45 for 1/8 oz.  $85 for 1/4 oz.   $340 for a full ounce.  All in child-proof bottles.

Willie also offers a superior vaporizer?  vaper? with a battery, battery charge but I couldn't find a price on it.

And I'm not bustin' my butt to find them.  Marijuana is a real nothing drug to me and I discovered this back in the '60s when I worked rock'n roll (The Seeds, the Lollipop Shop for Lord Tim Hudson.)   The only thing smokin' dope did for me was 1) personally eat everything in the refrigerator/kitchen cabinets or 2) lie on the floor, gaze at the ceiling and listen to music.  Neither is particularly profitable.  After about three times when the doobie made the rounds, I just held up my can of beer and said, "Thanks, got it covered."

Willie, by his own admittance and preference, claims to have been smokin' dope most (if not all) of his adulthood.  He's 85 (4/29/33) and will be appearing in a 4th of July extravaganza, the next Farm Aid (September I believe) and otherwise keeping himself occupied.   Good for him, but I wouldn't want to smoke that much dope to get there.  To each his own.

No comments: