Saturday, December 19, 2015

Paraphrasing Shakespeare - "Now is the Winter/Season of Our Discontent"

Richie flipped on the radio at 7 a.m. for the news.  After the first sentence or two of a report on a State building Somewhere that had a Christmas tree in the lobby and that some local people were raising hell about it, I mentally tuned out. 

I was pondering just when Christmas became the Hate-filled Season.  Two hours later, I still don't know for sure but I think Politically Correct has something to do with it.

--------------------

On their way to their annual Hawaiian Christmas vacation, the Obamas stopped to console families and first responders of the recent massacre in San Bernardino.  The First Lady of the United States promised a family member that she would rap at the fundraiser. 

----------------------

I would caution shopping in big box stores this weekend for the simple reason Target, Wal-Mart, etc. are prime "soft targets" for terrorists.  Use your eyes and if you see something, run like hell and then tell someone. 

-------------------------

Am beginning to believe our friend "D" is onto something.  He has long advocated Festivus as a substitute for all previously -seasonal events.  If Festivus includes drinking (and I believe it does) count me in. 



No comments: