Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tidbits As the Day Wears Along

Politics have come to this???

One of the Lesser Candidates in last night's debate said, "I'm proud that in my 30 years (as or in) politics/position, I have never been involved in a scandal."

POWER OUTAGE

We had one at 9:10 p.m. last night.  It sounded like hell's own amount of light bulbs blowing out.  Much to-ing and fro-ing by the power company with power sometimes and utter blackness at others. 

It took about 10 minutes before the neighborhood guys emerged from their houses to confer about it which amused me, but was good.  One of the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) rules is to check your own house first and THEN see about the neighbors.

Coincidence or not ...?  The day before Richie bought two new flashlights....

Since all was now calm,  I went to bed.  However, this morning neither the downstairs PC, the upstairs laptop OR the iTablet worked - the router wasn't up for it this morning.  Obviously it's working now -  but the ancient surge protectors downstairs and up will be replaced today.  So simplistic is my mind that I believe (with electricity) once plugged in; always working.


No comments: