Thursday, November 20, 2014

Surviving Luddite Land...

I lasted three days.  But not due to any discipline on my part.  You can't use what you can't get to ...

We arrived at JFK at 9:55 p.m. as scheduled.  Then we had to wait for the roll-ons, take the "little train" to Hertz where they had lost my reservation.  That got straightened out and we hit the road to Huntington.  Traffic was easy and moved well.  The Beer Quest (12-pack for the room) lasted a bit longer because the grocery stores close at midnight and it was 12:15 a.m.  At the hotel and into the room.  Bed 1 a.m.

The next three days were spent with family.  Wednesday morning went to the local library to borrow one and print out our boarding passes for that afternoon's 5:30 p.m. flight home.  Saw that I had 31 messages, but saved them for home.

No withdrawal; no frantically running around for a cyber café...I did just fine!  Richie now wants to get a free* smart phone from Verizon, our provider.  He said, "They say you can use them just like a little tiny computer!"

I promise you that if cost us anything, we wouldn't be getting one...

No comments: