Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Move Over, Seattle, I'm sittin' there" said Portland

Food magazines have lately been on a huge Portland, OR, bandwagon.  Many are the articles on the "innovative dishes," the various cooking styles and what the locavores favor This Instant. 

The October Bon Appetite features Duane Sorenson's coffee.  Sorenson is the founder of Stumptown Coffee Roasters, clearly THE place to get your coffee rock on in Portland.

This intrigued me more.  At first sight, the ingredients struck me as wierd, but as I reasoned the flavors out in my mind, it just might be pretty damned good. 

DARK MOON  Serves eight
1 1/2 cups cold-brew coffee
1/2 cup coffee liquer
1/2 cup spiced rum
1 12 oz. bottle Mexican Coca-Cola (it's sweeter than ours)
1/2 cup heavy cream

Combine the coffee, liqueur, rum and cola in a large pitcher
Put ice in the eight glasses and a dollop of cream.  Pour in pitcher ingredients, stir and serve.

No comments: