Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Potpourri

It Really Works!

A friend sent an e that said to take your car keys to bed with you. If you hear burglar noises in the night, hit the Panic button for your car -- it will start beeping and scare the burglar away.

I was extremely dubious about this because the sound would have to go through house walls, but when I tried it, it worked! On the other hand, we'd just come from Toyota where my clicker had gotten a new battery... Test it for yourself.

Would You Want This Woman Teaching Your Child?

The World Wide Recipes book, compiled by high school Home Ec teachers, offers this punch.

BEACH PARTY PUNCH
1 cup Amaretto liqueur
1 cup Southern Comfort
1 cup vodka
1 cup peach schnapps
4 1/2 cups orange juice
4 1/2 cups pineapple juice

Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl, stir and add crushed ice. I would add "And have a dentist on stand-by."

A Good Sandwich

I was hungry but too lazy to cook up some bacon. So I substituted black pepper salami on a sliced, toasted chunk of baguette with red onion and pickled jalapenos -- excellent! Brushing your teeth after dining is recommended.

No comments: