Monday, August 15, 2011

You Need A Really Good Imagination

I have to eat yogurt, because I'm taking 2,200mgs of antibiotics a day for cellulitis which is not a new way to get rid of cottage cheese thighs, but a cellular infection. (Yes, it's improving daily, thank you for asking)

Antibiotics kill every good germ in your digestive tract, so the idea is to replace them by using yogurt as the treatment.

Thusly, I entered Ralph's supermarket, marched stately to the yogurts and bought four. The usual peach, strawberry, mixed berries stared back at me. But wait! What is this? Carrot Cake-flavored yogurt! This startled me because my perception of yogurt has always been sited on health! Carrot cake, which I love, is not exactly on the dieticians list of Great Foods!

Ralph's Carb Master Carrot Cake is a cultured, low-fat yogurt with 60 calories and on sale costs 25 cents a container. Naturally I bought one.

On opening the lid and prying off the aluminum cover, I saw a tannish-kinda orange mass. Somewhat like sick peanut butter. I dug in. It has a thick texture, not like the glossy or slippery texture of other yogurts. I couldn't pin down a specific taste other than thickish-sweetish, but it was okay.

What requires imagination is to eat yogurt and believe you are eating carrot cake. Staring at the illustration on the container may help, but it may not.

No comments: