Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Real Tofu! (Gasp)

I like Asian foods and Richie does not. Thus, while browsing that section at the supermarket, I came across the dried, packet soups. I bought one of Mishima's All Natural Hot & Sour Soup. I thought $2.29 was rather expensive for my lunch, but then (at home, of course) discovered that it's THREE packets of soup which is certainly affordable.

I made a cup just now and emblazoned across the back of the packet are these words: Instant Oriental Soup with Real Tofu. I'm still grinning -- tofu is a vegetable-based meat substitute! Does this mean that out there Somewhere is "faux tofu"? "Imitation tofu" like that damned krab stuff?

If you know, let me know. The soup is excellent - a real hot taste that wakes up all of your mouth due to the chiles and white pepper. There are bits of dried green onion rings, dried carrot slivers and at least five little boxes of tofu. For a heartier soup, beat an egg and drop it in the boiling soup. As it is, naked, it's 20 calories per serving which is a steal!

No comments: