Friday, September 17, 2010

An Embarrassment of Richs



BOLO: small dessert thief
Spuntino, 687 Old Country Road, Dix Hills, NY 11746 631-547-9300 spuntinoonline.com


My brother-in-law and his wife have instituted "pasta night" most Tuesday nights with their son, his wife and their five year old daughter. We were invited to partake of this family ritual while we were there.


It's a nice, roomy, new restaurant in a shopping mall so there's plenty of parking. "Oh, dear" I hear you mutter about the shopping mall part. I know -- mall restaurants are often national chains and not, er, very spontaenous with the menu.


Spuntino's menu has:

12 appetizers

5 soups

6 salads

12 heros

5 baked pasta dishes

27 fresh pasta dishes

14 side orders

11 specialty pizzas

11 brick oven pizzas

7 calzones and rolls

4 panini imbottiti (your guess is as good as mine...)

and 2 wraps (chicken Caesar and chicken fresca)


On Tuesday nights, certain pasta dishes with salad and a cannoli for dessert are $11. Portions are generous but more importantly, the food is good. I enjoyed a crisp Caesar salad ($6.50) and a side order of garlic and oil pasta ($4.75) but I didn't get a cannoli -- little Amelia snagged it while I was in the ladies room. Hey, no complaints! I was as full as an egg.



No comments: