Friday, June 4, 2010

To Go or Not...

Next weekend - Sat. 6/12 and Sunday, 6/13 the Hermosa Beach Art Walk will be held at the corner of PCH and Pier Avenue -- look for lots of white tents -- on the lawn of the HB Community Arts building. Both days it opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 5 p.m.

The Hyperion Outfall Serenaders will perform, starting at 1 p.m. on Saturday. As we know and like the band members and their Dixieland music, we must go.

But I know that I will not be able to resist strolling through the art works on display. And the odds are pretty good that I'll buy something. Last year I was beguiled by a rooster on a very green, grassy background. It's a small oil - 5 1/2 in. x 5 1/2 in. - and I couldn't resist it because the artist, Tyler Barry wrote on the back of the frame: "This rooster I saw at the golf course at Moana Kea. He had one eye and just hung out." Right away I had a whole mental picture of the entire scene. Golf balls and all. I still love it and enjoy seeing it on the hall wall. The artist asked $50 for it; I paid it. And the check cleared!

I wonder if Tyler Barry will be back... hmmm...

No comments: