Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hot Diggity!

This is going to be a good weekend! Today (Saturday) is the K9 Trials at Redondo Union high school's football field. I have waxed elegant about this often, so will spare you my usual enthusiasm. It's only 11 a.m. and I am looking forward greatly to the hot dogs sold there. Grilled on a barbecue to nearly black, loaded with mustard ... ah.... The sun is out and it's a beautiful day, too.

UPDATE The K9 Trials were all that I hoped they would be. The Grill Master, one John "Mongo" Erwin, told me the hot dogs are at Smart & Final, Iris and they are Hoffy 1/4 lb. beef.
And: Our vet, Steve Liebl, who owns Hermosa Animal Hospital, Hermosa Beach, was the Official Veteran for these Trials.

Tomorrow (Sunday) is the monthly South Bay New Orleans Jazz Club meeting. This is still tremendous fun (after nearly two years of attendance) and it is suitable for the whole family. Yes, alcholic beverages are sold, but I have never seen anyone even slightly tipsy. This is an older crowd and I think that one drink is their limit. It's taken more for show than for go.

No comments: