Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busted. Again.

Bob and I had allowed the Thurs. Writers to bask once again in our presence and were headed to Truck. Which had an envelope under the driver's side windshield wiper.

Ticket was $35 "Meter Expired." The officer's comment was "Permit Not Properly Displayed." Since that meant he'd seen it, the ticket was invalid, no?

Thurs. Writers join the center where we meet weekly for $6/year and are issued parking permits to park at meters without paying.

So I dropped him off and went straight to the Police Department. The lady clerk who handled my statement was very, very nice. She listened carefully and said, determindly, "I'll take care of this!"

I had to fill out a form and explain myself on the bottom of it.

"Parking pass slipped off of rearview mirror; fell face up and readable on front seat. (Probably when shut the door.)

"Thus, since my pass was visible (and not in my purse) I was entitled to park and not pay the meter."

She had my write out a self-addressed envelope and said that it will probably come back to me empty and that means Do Nothing Further.

Yesterday I flunked the driving test; today a ticket. I expect to get shot in a hold-up gone wrong tomorrow...might spend the day in bed.

No comments: