Monday, October 19, 2009

Medical Update

If you want to send your nearest and dearest into immediate flight or the polite into an irreversible coma, ask "Did I tell you about my operation?" Not going to do that.

Saw the orthpod this morning who referred me to a neurologist to rule out some sort of nerve disorder. His instructions to the neuro were "bilateral lower extremities EMG test."

He took two x-rays and we looked at them (as if I knew what I was looking at) and he said he didn't see any irregularities other some small bone spurs which aren't relevant in this case.

Meanwhile, this afternoon, I got up, walked to the dining room table and the next thing I knew Richie was yelling, "What are you doing?!" Instantly taking umbrage, I said, "What are you talking about?" as I realized... both knees were on the dining room floor....

I'm getting faster on the stairs -- even thought I have to pull the right leg up. Unless the knee is locked, it's useless. My initial outing with a walker -- How the Mighty have Fallen! - went well.

No comments: