Sunday, September 13, 2009

Disbelief on Several Levels

Richie directed my attention to the LA Times' Travel section this morning, page L6.

There I found an article on Pete "Big Elvis" Vallee, who is said to sound exactly like the late Elvis Presley. He is said to have the same bass-baritone and sings five days a week, three times a day at Bill's Gamblin' Hall, Flamingo and Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas.

His shows are free! Strike 1 - free entertainment in Vegas?

Currently the singer is newly slim at 425 lbs. - 60-in. waist - down from his previous 945 (945) pounds. Instead of gastric by-pass surgery, he said he's losing weight with diet and exercise. Strike 1 1/2 - that diet and exercise alone can cause a 500 pound weight loss...

"I just had a full physical and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health. I never suffered from high blood pressure or even high cholesterol." Uh huh -- Strike 2.

You can learn more at billslasvegas.com or bigelvis.biz

We'll be in Las Vegas in October and you know what Richie wants to go see. I can hear him now, "Hey! It's free!"

Myself? "Don't join up with the Flying Elvis' band of parachuters!" would be my advice.

No comments: