Friday, September 18, 2009

Deranged Musings

To file: waterproof mascara isn't.

What if? A news vendor on PCH has named his stand "NEWS" backwards. (Isn't that precious?) I passed it today and realized something. Our word "news" originally came from the four corners of a weather vane -- North, East, West, South. But ... what if the first person said, "You know? I think it'd work better South West East North." As in: " I was watching the SWEN last night ..." "And now, our anchor with the 5 p.m. SWEN.

Loaning Pills? I put in a prescription this morning at the pharmacy. This afternoon, I got a phone message -- "We don't have enough of (whatever the hell it is) to fill your prescription, but we will loan you some of it and you can pick up your prescription tomorrow after 4 p.m."

How does that work exactly" Will I have to give back some of the filled prescription? Or will they just short it the number of pills they already gave me?

Update: They short the finished product the number of pills they gave you originally.

Thurs. Writers Face a Dilemma
Joyce read the end of her short story and after congratulating her on a fine job, we asked "Have you got a new one going?" She said she didn't, adding that "I don't know if I'd be able to finish it..." Bob chimed in, "This is the first time I haven't had anything to read ever! (thoughtful pause) I don't know whether I want to write another book or not ..." Punch line: Bob is 84, Joyce is 91.

No comments: