Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hot News!

No, I'm not talking about our unseasonably hot weather.

I need slipcovers for the two club chairs in the living room. Since I like to shop online and then go to a local store, I was browsing Bed, Bath & Beyond because we've got one. I found what I wanted but didn't want to order it, have them delivered, find out that they didn't fit and then have to re-package and return them. It's too hot for all of that nonsense.

As it happened we ran errands 'up north" today and as we passed BB & B I said, "I need to go in there." Found the slipcover department and a nice salesman who led me over to the slipcover area. "My" slipcovers weren't there.

"No problem! he caroled, stepping smartly to a computer. "Let's see what we've got online." What I wanted didn't immediately pop up (there must be 30 pages of 10 examples per page) so he said, "Go online, find what you want, print it out and bring it into the store. We'll order it and have it shipped directly to you."

"Okay..." I said.

"But wait," he said, "If you order it online, you can't use our 20% off coupon, but if you order it through the store, you can! That's why you bring us the print-out and let us do it."

Off to scan their site -- 20% off for a little extra work? No problem! They don't call me Nickel-Nose Nina for no reason at all!

No comments: