Monday, December 28, 2020

An Old-fashioned Rain Complete with Lightening!

This was scary!  A flashing light woke me up from sound asleep to sheer terror eerier still because there was no clap of thunder to go with it!  I knew there must be some; that's the way these things work.   But not last night.

I was especially terrified for I sleep on the window side of the bed.  It's gonna git me! I thought to myself.  

Then the flashing lights dwindled away and I still hadn't heard any thunder.  Not that I'm complaining about that ...  I didn't get a chance to count seconds between BOOMS which is what you do out in the country to see how far away the storm is from tiny precious you.  

Richie woke me up getting up himself.  I said,, "Don't go out for the papers!  You could get killed!

As husbands usually do, he went right out the door.  And I went back to sleep.

At 9:25 a.m. (now) the sun is out and it's a lovely sunny day.

Maybe I imagined the whole thing ...  

No comments: