Friday, August 2, 2019

This Worked Out Well - If You Like KimChee

I have had a jar of Kim Chee in the refrigerator for at least a month, maybe more.  Other than eating it out of the jar (am perfectly capable of it) I couldn't think of a way to serve it.

Opportunity sought me out and, based on the leftovers population here, I came up with this.

Leftover Old Bay Seasoning cold shrimp. We had 10 of these.  Nice big shrimp, too.
1/2 jar of Kim Chee, drained and chopped
1 package Soba Noodles

Discard the soup package and cook noodles in plain water drain, and toss in the shrimp to heat them up from the heat of the noodles and toss in the chopped KimChee.  Mix well.   Eat.

Richie looked askance at this dish as he is not fond of Asian food whereas I am.  He cleaned up his plate and (grudgingly you may be sure) said, "That wasn't so bad."

Word of warning - Kim Chee label instructs the person opening it to do it over the sink.  That suggests a certain fermentation found in champagne.  Need I say more?  Of course I like it.

No comments: