Saturday, February 16, 2019

Update

The update refers back to the great Santa Barbara Search for Mickey D recently.  He wasn't in town, but I got my heart's (to say nothing of stomach - and you really can't say "nothing" about my stomach ... vision alone gives you an idea) - where was I?  Oh.

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment at 10:30 a.m. which limped along until 12 noon when we got out of there.  I was starving (a half a cup of cereal and a couple of chopped strawberries doesn't go far,)  I said to Himself - "Let's go to MacDonald's - my treat."

Accordingly, off we went.  Only to find that Artesia, a main route, had been rendered useless by a sinkhole sometime in the night?  Time enough anyhow to get a max force of road workers with equipment out anyhow.  Great long detour around this mess.  Shades of SB flickered through my mind.

Finally I was looking tenderly at a Quarter Pounder with fries.  That didn't last long.  I tore into it like Grant took Richmond.

Moral?  If you wait long enough you can usually get what you want.  Never give up the dream!  Chew on!

No comments: