Monday, January 1, 2018

Buh Buh Bye 2017

I thought this is spectacularly good news.  NO commercial passenger jets around the world fell from the sky (i.e. crashed so hard that cows three counties away quit giving milk.)    However, I would advise staying off a train.  My pet name for them is:  The Train of Sure and Certain Death.

I hadn't been curious about how the spectators in Times Square for the ball drop were going to bathroom themselves - by the way, the traditional ball descending and the crowd counting down was nowhere to be seen last night.  Instead it was some big, red gaudy scoreboard advertising (something) and which counted down in seconds.

Anyhow for anyone who may have been curious as to whether the great city of Manhattan put out Port-a-Potties for the vast hordes, an article this morning remarked that many sightseers were clad in adult diapers.  If a baby's diapers, long unchanged, get cold imagine the greater coverage area on the average human and the extremely cold temps at this annual event. If anyone had asked me, I would have told them to stay home where it's warm and there is ready access to a bathroom.  But that's just me.

No comments: