Thursday, August 31, 2017

PC Idiocy Part 2

Yesterday we learned that the LA City Council wanted to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day.  Today I read that 14-1 voted to do it.  The usual knee jerk reaction to  anything mentioning slavery, real or imagined or made up.  "Columbus had slaves!  He killed Indians!" 

Except it wasn't American Indians or imported blacks. 

My cousin, Doug, a noted historian writes:

"I keep reading where people are saying Columbus and his men were responsible for massacring Indians.

"In all of the years I've studied history, I have never before read that from an authoritative source.  His crew was involved in killing Indians who attacked his ship (in the Caribbean Islands, as I recall) but I've never heard they massacred people." 

Note to the LA City Council:  Buffoon alert - read up on history before you make fools of yourselves.   

No comments: