Sunday, January 3, 2016

Finding the Last Pine Needles on the Living Room Carpet

Statistics -
Having an orderly mind, New Year's is a pleasant time for me.  I have a list - by month - of family and friends' birthdays.  Newborn babies get the year posted beside their date so that I always know how old the kid is on their birthday.   I go through the 2016 calendar writing them (in order by date) in the appropriate month.   This makes sending cards on time -- and knowing to buy them in bulk for that next month - easy.

I have another, rather doleful list of the deaths of family members and friends.  I started it when I realized that I couldn't remember when So-and -So died.  Actually, it's two lists.  "Deaths" for humans and "Cats" for our departed pets.   

Casting a Critical Eye
As of 1/1/2016 I had written 2,383 posts with 73,444 page views.  Dividing post numbers by 365 (# of days of the year) I got a total of 6.52 years' worth of writing.  Dividing blogs written into views averaged 30 readers per blog.

You made this possible and I thank you all very much.

Blacks Have a Better PR Machine Than Whites or Any Other Skin Color
Item -
It's a fledgling strike at the Oscars and it's call #OscarsSoWhite.  The site is annoyed that there are comparatively few black nominees.  This confused me because innocently enough I thought the Oscars were awarded to whoever did the best job in their field that year.  I apologize for my error.

In other headlines, #BlackLivesMatter* disrupted a diner by showing up and presumably bleating their gripes.  I can tell you that I have been in my share of Long Island diners and if anyone - black, white, purple - whatever - showed up and tried to interfere with a diner's meal, he or she would get a fork stuck into them.  Eating is serious business among the Diner People. 

*Not to pick favorites, but ALL lives matter. 

No comments: