Wednesday, July 15, 2015

In Which Richie's Week (plus 2 Days) is Made

I had an appointment for an echocardiogram yesterday and the tech came out to get me for it.  We didn't talk much as he positioned me where he wanted me on the table and charged up his equipment.

Obviously feeling that he needed to start some kind of chit chat, he said, "So - was that your son out there with you?"

And in rapid succession I thought, "Sweet Jesus, do I look THAT old?  He's just making chat - be nice; he's going to be embarrassed enough..."  So I grinned to show no hard feelings and said, "Nah, that's my husband."  And then I changed the subject as it was obvious that he couldn't think of anything to say.

For the record:  Richie is one year, one month and three weeks younger than I am.   I think the tech just saw his hair and his face didn't register.  That's what I'm telling myself; never mind what you may think!

No comments: