Monday, April 20, 2015

Wise, But Warning Words

The first day of the rest of my life
had better not be today!
     courtesy Jay Simpson, South Bay Writers Workshop.com


I would never have thought of this until this morning.  Suffice to say that the previous night had not been all that restful.  In short Richie and I had to change beds - not horses - in the middle of the night.  This involved shifting all of the bedding, rearranging pillows and so on into the night which hardly makes for a relaxed, refreshing sleep, especially for Richie who had to do it all.

By morning I was ... disgruntled.  My mood hardly lifted as I woke enough for the morning activities.  The cleaning lady showed up at 8:30 a.m. which is early in my book.  The pain pills still hadn't kicked in despite getting up at 6:30 a.m. and immediately slamming one down. 

I forced myself to think of something positive.  At last I found it - this morning was foggy so I didn't have to try to read the paper in glaring sunshine.

Moral of the story:  Even in deepest despair, there is something you can find good about the day. 

But don't bet to it.  It's 3:46 p.m. as I type this.

No comments: