Saturday, September 20, 2014

Do You Know Your Sell-by Date?

That title was chosen rather than "Predicted Age at Time of Death"   This was thought to be more tactful.  Some people get all jumpy about Death.  Note that this is the most UN-scientific test possible and does not  consider any other factors aside from the ages of parents and grandparents at their time of death. 

If any (or) all of the above are still alive and flourishing, don't bother with this.  It is quite possible that you are 'way too young to be considering things like your own demise.

Begin your study by writing down the ages of your parents when they died.  We'll use my family as an example.

My father was 81;  my mother was 87.  Added together the sum is 168.  Now divide 168 by 2 and we get 84 which is the age I can be expected to pop my clogs.  As I am 74 now, 10 more years seems a bit scant somehow.  

My father's parents:  his father died age 64 ,  bringing the averages down but his mother helped the cause by living to age 101 and five months.  

My mother's parents:  her mother died at 87, her father to 96.

516 is the combined age of all of the above.  Divide by six because there are six of them.  The grand finale is 86 which is better than 84!

Disclaimer:  This very  not-scientific idea is presented to readers for amusement purposes and is not in any way to be considered seriously.  This is just rainy afternoon fun.


No comments: