Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ah, Youthful Fantasies...

Richie has been excavating again and the other day handed me a manila envelope labeled "Manuscripts."  When I read my way through, I realized how shallow and stupid I was at 22 or 23.  I was going to use one of the pieces, but it was frankly so unprofessional that I couldn't bring myself to do it.  There were, however, a couple of funny bits so I cherry-picked my way along and can present little dribs and drabs.

The story concerns itself with a princess who lived all alone in an ivory tower near Garnett, Kansas.

She felt displeasure about the castle's size - some of the closets and the wine cellar were too small. 

She told the cook she was going grocery shopping in town (Garnett, Kansas) but in reality she walked out into the woods and conjured up the food.  This ability was a gift given to her at birth when her fairy godmother remarked that at 13 lbs. she would be a big eater and thus the "forest grocery store."

She meets two men at the sign-up for a big sports car race.  She intends to race her Maserati.  But first she has to get it out of the parking space which is blocked by another race car and trailer.  She accosts the driver and the owner and tells them to move.

"Both men looked up alertly.  She looked at them.  They looked at her.  Their eyes all locked.  A few minutes later, someone fetched a key and unlocked their eyes."

Yes, well, no one wants to read childish junk like that.  I've come a long way from inane in only 50 years!    lol

No comments: