Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Recycled Words

Today I got the "My Turn" column in our local paper the Daily Breeze.  You can (probably) see it at   dailybreeze.com/general-news/3013121  or by Googling Daily Breeze + My Turn.

What amuses me is the fact that I wrote this column a year ago and ran it here.  I then submitted it to the Daily Breeze - last year - and they turned it down.  Undeterred, I printed the blog and stuck it in the December section of my big calendar.  Who knows?  There might be a new editor by then or better still the paper might have gone back to it's original tradition which was paying the writers.  Granted, it was only $25 a story published, but ... $25 is $25.

Naturally I'm pleased at the additional audience that it might amuse, but I was more pleased to read the last line -- "Murphy is a member of the SouthBayWritersWorkshop.com"  Now, maybe we can get more writers!

No comments: