Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Thanksgiving Poem to Amuse You

The following ran in this morning's "Annie's Mailbox," Daily Breeze.  The author is unknown.


Twas the Night of Thanksgiving

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep.

I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep

The left-overs beckoned --
the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with
all of my might

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation

So I raced to the kitchen,
flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full
of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes

I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
till all of  sudden, I rose off the ground

I crashed through the ceiling,
floating into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.

But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy Eating to all!
Pass the cranberries please!

Indeed -- happy eating to all. 

No comments: