Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11 Never Forget, Never Forgive

This thought popped into my mind this morning.  During WW2, the Germans viciously attacked England and France.  Today, more than 60 years later, France and England seem to have forgotten all about the Boches/Huns who so brutally set upon them.  Not me.

My thoughts today go to the survivors of 9-11.  The dead are gone; there is nothing we can do about that.

It's the living that should be in our thoughts -- the mother of the child that didn't come home; the wives of fire fighters and police who vanished, literally.  The father whose pretty little daughter was working her first job after graduating college. 

Everyday people thrust irrevocably into a holocaust of tumbling pieces of massive buildings, blinding smoke, destruction and death.  I cannot imagine what the rememberances done on this day are doing to them.  They will never forget; neither we nor history should either. 

It's easy for me -- I still think of "Germans" as"Nazis" and that was 60 years ago and counting!

No comments: