Friday, October 14, 2011

Morsels

Today's birthdays include the 95th for C. Everett Koop, former Surgeon General for Ronald Reagan and George Bush. It reassures me somehow when a doctor gets that old.

Food & Wine has an article on "Airport Food Worth Flying For" which isn't terribly good grammer, but ... yes, we get the idea.

Cited in the article were gates at these airports - JFK, San Francisco Int'l, Atlanta, La Guardia with a sidebar for such as Chicago, Miami, Cleveland and Dallas.

LAX got a mention, too. There is now a Pink's Hot Dogs in the Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal. Personally I think this is a very bad way to welcome foreigners to these shores or else it's a pretty pointed hint not to stay in America. S ome 40 years ago, I ate my first and last Pink's hot dog with chili. I was sick as a dog for two full days.

Travelers: Just say "No." No mas, Pink's. Merci, mais non. Dank schoen, nein.

No comments: