Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Am Now Officially Old

Our young next door neighbors, Angie and John who are expecting their first child in November, very kindly invited us to a baby shower barbecue last night at their house.

Intrigued by a "baby shower bbq," we accepted with pleasure. The guests ranged from mid-20s to mid-40s. And there were about 25 people there.

It is quite nice to be at a party next door to your own home. I slipped out, opened our garage door, pulled down the tailgate of Truck and enjoyed a leisurely cigarette. Put everything back, went into the house and had a pee -- no point standing in line -- and slipped back into the party. About an hour later, I was headed out their door for round two as another couple were coming up the walk.

The lady asked me, "Oh, are you Angie's mother?" Since I thought that was hilarious, I laughed and said, "No, I live next door - come in, come in!"

Later, I told John about the incident and he said, "You should be flattered - Angie's Mom is a very beautiful woman." Is that an impressive display of quick thinking or what? Trust the English - they've been diplomats for a long, long time.

But it doesn't change anything -- I'm still old!

No comments: